Email is one of the most effective channels with statistics showing that 86% of business professionals prefer to use it when communicating for business purposes. Email delivers the highest ROI because the result is ten-fold compared to other channels.
Thus, it’s not surprising that businesses today are investing in email lead generation. They believe that gathering bulk email addresses would give them leads and generate sales. However, this is only partially true.
Email List Validation
It’s not enough to solely focus on gathering email addresses. Email list validation should also be done. Verifying that an email address is valid and deliverable is a necessary procedure.
So before we dig into the technicalities, let us discuss first what it means.
Email validation is the verification process of identifying whether or not an email address is valid and ensuring the odds that it is connected to a real person.
It is necessary to verify your bulk email list to:
- Reduce email bounce rate
- Improve email ROI
- Eliminate outdated or inactive email addresses
- Decrease your risk of negative engagement
When you eliminate these negative engagements, you will be able to reach more leads and customers. And more customers mean a successful lead hunt which, in the process, generates sales.
What is Email Data Enrichment?
Data enrichment, on the other hand, is a suite of processes designed to improve the contact list. It helps refine information and make it easier to access, thus boosting the data value. It helps complete the attributes by finding and adding missing information into the database.
Data enrichment processes can help gain deep insight into the customer’s needs. Specifically, it finds and adds missing attributes of the existing contact list. For example, if the data is missing the client’s last name or email, then data enrichment can track these missing attributes.
Combining Email list validation and data enrichment
The combination of email list validation and data enrichment process can result to a successful lead hunt. Below are the benefits of combining the two processes.
Better Sender Reputation
A sender reputation is a score assigned by Internet Service Providers (ISPs) and Email Service providers (ESPs). If your sender reputation score is high, your emails are more likely to be delivered to their respective recipients. On the other hand, if your sender reputation score is low, your emails may be flagged as spam or rejected.
Below are some of the factors that determine your sender reputation score:
- The number of emails sent by the company
- How many recipients read, responded, forwarded, and deleted the email.
- How many recipients mark the emails as spam or complain to ISP?
- How often does the email hit a spam trap?
- The inclusion of different blacklists
- How many recipients unsubscribed to the company’s email list.
A database called “email blacklist” filters domain names and IP addresses that are sending spam emails. The data are compiled by email servers and blocks any emails sent by the same domains and IPs from reaching to the respective recipients.
Combining email list validation and data enrichment can help avoid blacklists. Also, pay attention to the importance of complying with the standards in order to avoid any repercussions in the future. It is best to take note of the following:
- A sudden increase in the number of emails you send from your domain or IP could be misinterpreted as spam emails.
- High complaint rate. A complaint rate of 0.5% is considered too high already.
- Unverified email list resulting in a spam trap.
- Spam trigger keywords and phrases.
Better Deliverability Rate
Application of both processes leads to better delivery rate. The deliverability rate ensures that your email will be read by your leads. If your emails are sent successfully to the respective recipients’ inbox and not elsewhere, then your deliverability passed.
Customer Behavior Analysis and Monitoring
Whenever you have a good quality email list, then the key performance indicators (KPIs) of customer behavior is more precise and informative. This makes the analysis more useful. These KPIs or metrics affect your reputation as the sender.
Thus, email list validation and data enrichment combined is essential to achieve accurate and substantial customer information.
- Open Rate. When your recipient opens and clicks any images or links in your email then it can be counted for open rate. Consider a benchmark that is relevant to your particular industry to know if your email open rate is good.
- Click-Through Rate (CTR). Similar to open rate, the CTR is counted when a recipient clicks on a link, call-to-action (CTA), or image. If you have high CTR then your emails are relevant to your recipients. Still, a good CTR depends according to your industry.
You can also boost your CTR by some of these tips:
- Mind your email length. The average attention span is eight seconds so be clear and concise with your emails.
- Frequency of sending emails. A sudden increase in the number of emails sent could be misinterpreted as spam.
- Stick to one CTA. Too many CTAs can cause confusion and distraction to your recipients.
The combination of email list validation and data enrichment is a good lead hunt strategy. These processes are fundamental for every business who wants to improve their email delivery rate, sender reputation, and improve KPIs or metrics and ROI.
Latest posts by Adam Tanton (see all)
- Is Bitcoin Still Profitable in 2021? - February 23, 2021
- 8 Tactics to Avoid Missing Out on Leads - February 23, 2021
- 4 Types of Automation Testing to Consider for Your Software Project - February 18, 2021