Spice up your engagement and boost conversions with these actionable tips on integrating video into your next marketing campaign.
Entertaining and engaging video marketing isn’t just for the B2C world. B2B marketers are seeing big returns for small investments in videos as short as 15 seconds long (we live in a social media world—nobody’s got time for your ‘80s-style company profile video!).
In this article, we’re going to show you some creative ways to use video, and we’ll give you simple, actionable tips on how to drive brand awareness and produce fresh video content that hooks viewers.
B2B Video Marketing Content that Works
These ideas will help you create videos that build brand personality, demonstrate company values, and address concerns—all in less than a minute.
Respond to Reviews
One way to let customers know you hear them is to respond to their reviews via video.
Remember, this is your opportunity to address customer concerns with personality, so it should not be a rundown of positive reviews and it definitely should not be a talking-head style video shot in the conference room. Instead, use humor, compassion, and an expressive speaker to address your viewers. Take the opportunity to humanize your brand and get real by showing your customers that you’re listening.
A Case Study
A case study is nothing new, but B2B companies are turning this classic sleep-inducing marketing style on its head by creating fictional case studies ala-The Office. The workflow company Slack did a particularly fantastic job with their “So Yeah, We Tried Slack” campaign.
Other firms stick to their non-fiction roots by showcasing a customer that not only has the numbers to show but also the personality.
A Look Inside
Looking at the internal culture of your company has always been a good way to build connections with customers. However, these videos often fall victim to long run-times, horrible jokes, and terrible acting by Gene from accounting who didn’t even want to be in the video in the first place.
But there’s still hope. Here are some ways to tell your story quickly and effectively:
- Hire a local actor or comedian to narrate/star in the video
- Start with a humorous hook
- Use stock footage to keep things fresh
- Employ drone aerial footage for cool shots of your facilities
Tell a Story
Listing benefits, numbers, and specs is bad. Showing customers how their lives will improve as a result of your product is good. Even though you’re talking to a B2B client, never forget that you’re still marketing to people.
Telling a story is a great way to incorporate all of the best marketing elements into your campaign (humor, FOMO, goodwill, etc.), and because your videos should be super short, you can make a whole series of these in a day of shooting.
Just make sure to hone your scriptwriting and brand personality like Zendesk did.
Tips for Viral-Worthy and Cost-Effective Video Marketing
It’s easy to get carried away when planning your video marketing campaign. Before you know it, you’ll be filming The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Cloud-based Network Security Solutions. To keep that from happening (and from blowing your budget), follow these key tips.
- Short and Sweet: Most viewers will bounce before your video hits the 2-minute mark! Research suggests B2B marketing videos are most effective at 30 seconds or less, so keep your videos short, sweet, and to the point.
- Laugh it up: Did you notice we mentioned humor a lot in this article? That’s because humor is the key to engagement and recall when it comes to video marketing. And yet, B2B marketers are painfully bad at this. Turn up the laughs to see gains in awareness and almost definitely get a leg up on the competition.
- Use stock footage: Don’t have the cash for a film crew? Stock footage is cheap and super effective. There are millions of hours of video available to purchase for as little as $50 a clip.
- Appeal to the Heart (Not the Wallet): We mentioned before that stating facts and figures is not the way to go. It’s not as easy, but if you find a way to showcase the emotional value of your product or service, you’ll enjoy a 2x boost in perceived brand benefit.
With Millennials and Generation Z taking over the B2B workforce, now is the time to take your video marketing to the next level. Use these ideas and tips to boost engagement, brand awareness, and conversions.
Latest posts by B2BNN Newsdesk (see all)
- New Terminus CEO Tim Kopp on the ABM Evolution - December 5, 2019
- 4 Tips For Working Efficiently In A Remote Team - November 26, 2019
- What is Outsourcing and How does it Benefit Businesses? - November 22, 2019