United States Work Visas: What Are They and How Do They Differ?

0 Shares 0 Flares ×

To live and work in the United States is a dream that countless people worldwide have and which they work tirelessly to achieve. Offering a plethora of culture and opportunities, there is no surprise that this is the place to be for many. 

Suppose you are in the position to move to the country. What permits or documents will you need to gain entry and residency? What are the differences between the seemingly endless list of available visas? Keep reading to find out more. 

The Differences

The primary difference between the available visas for entry to the United States: one grants the recipient permanent residency to the country, while the other does not. 

United States immigration laws are upheld by law enforcement officials and citizens alike. You must ensure you tread the appropriate paths when moving to the country. Whether traveling for work or leisure, there is an entry document for each circumstance. 

Establish what visa you will need to fulfill your plans and apply using appropriate supporting evidence. You will need this document before making travel arrangements. The United States Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) checks visas and documents are valid before authorizing entry. 

Make the process run smoothly by applying early. This also ensures your application does not get delayed in any way. 

Immigrant Visas

These are issued to those who intend to reside permanently in the country. Ideal for those moving to pursue a long-term career, specific requirements are needed to qualify. 

In most cases, a family member or employer sponsors the foreign national applying. Applications must be submitted to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

Exceptional circumstances enable the foreign national to apply on behalf of themselves. There are precise requirements to be met to fall into this unique category. 

Immigrant visas grant the applicant residency, and subsequently, a green card. This enables them to remain in the country for an extended period, subject to condition. 

Non-Immigrant Visas

Temporary visas for foreign nationals: these are issued under different circumstances. Businesses in the United States use non-immigrant visas to employ foreign workers temporarily. 

Sectors big and small rely on foreign workers. Industries like agriculture and farming have a heavy reliance on foreign workers during busy times of the year. The H-2A program eases pressure on employers and any native workers. 

Use the services of an immigration law firm, like Farmer Law, to register for this program. Minimize the risk of employing unreliable foreign workers during crucial moments. 

Non-immigrant visas, like those in the H-2A program, are issued for a set period. Upon completion of said period, foreign workers must return to their country of origin. 

Employers must report to USCIS if they encounter any issues with the foreign worker. This includes not showing up for work or absconding. 


0 Shares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 LinkedIn 0 Email -- 0 Flares ×
The following two tabs change content below.
B2BNN Newsdesk
We marry disciplined research methodology and extensive field experience with a publishing network that spans globally in order to create a totally new type of publishing environment designed specifically for B2B sales people, marketers, technologists and entrepreneurs.