From startups to windups, the B2B space has never been more active. Here are the top 5 stories you need to know about going into the week:
1. Motorola is Lenovo. Motonovo? It’s already displaced Xiaomi as the 3rd largest mobile manufacturer (after 24 hours).
From Motorola Mobility’s President, Rick Osterloh:
— Rick Osterloh (@rosterloh) October 30, 2014
For a comparison point, Blackberry Passport is surging in India.
2. Watson introduces big data to SMBs. Small businesses feeling like they’re falling behind in the world of big data, fear not. IBM’s cloud-based analytics service called Watson Analytics, is being hailed as the missing link to bring data analysis to average business users. A pretty big opportunity for SMBs given that the platform is also helping doctors uncover the patterns that cause disease. Still need some more convincing? Here’s how Watson has changed IBM.
3. Autodesk introduces $100 million 3D printing fund. This is a big story in the 3D printing space, and if you’re developing hardware, software, materials, marketplaces and maker spaces you’ll want to check it out. As the Wall Street Journal reports, the value of 3D printing units will double every year until 2018 when it will hit more than $13 billion.
4. C-Level confidence is good but not great. A Deloitte survey reveals CXOs appear to be hesitant to make business decisions or address specific obstacles.
5. Apple Pay has launched. CEO Tim Cook calls it the biggest near-field communication (NFC) payment system in the world. It’s hated by some, and sort of loved by others. This story has bled so much headline ink because Apple’s big competition in this case comes from Walmart-backed rival app CurrentC. Here’s what shoppers need to know. And if you’re Canadian, don’t expect Apple Pay anytime soon.
Latest posts by B2BNN Newsdesk (see all)
- Why Link-in-Bio Information Is Important for Social Media Marketing - October 26, 2020
- Why App Development Should Start with an MVP - October 26, 2020
- What Are Some Great Ecommerce Business Ideas? - October 23, 2020