0 Shares 0 Flares ×
We all want to beat the clock—not have the clock beat us. In this video, Jason Forrest, Chief Sales Officer for Forrest Performance Group, compares our careers to a clock with four zones: the learning, non-learning, relearning, and unlearning zones.
Jason highlights the turning point that happens at the sixth hour when we either have a breakdown or a breakthrough—depending on whether or not we let our ego and complacency win. The breakdown happens when our ego takes over and we believe we’ve arrived. On the other hand, the breakthrough happens when we stick with learning and then unlearning–always with our egos firmly in check.
- Ego is our enemy and leads to breakdowns instead of breakthroughs.
- The ideal journey is to learn and then unlearn.
- When we get to the 3, we can skip the non-learning and relearning zones and jump to unlearning.
B2BNN: Your Career as a Clock from Forrest Performance Group on Vimeo.
0 Shares 0 Flares ×
The following two tabs change content below.
Jason Forrest is a sales trainer; management coach and member of the National Speakers Association’s Million Dollar Speakers Group and Entrepreneur’s Organization. He is also an award-winning author of six books, including Leadership Sales Coaching. One of Training magazine's Top Young Trainers of 2012, Jason is an expert at creating high-performance sales cultures through complete training programs. He incorporates experiential learning to increase sales, implement cultural accountability, and transform companies into sales organizations. He’s won Stevie Awards for Sales Training Leader (2013) and for Sales Coaching Training Program of the Year (2014). Find him via his website Forrest Performance Group.
Latest posts by Jason Forrest (see all)
- Performance Formula: Cutting leashes to increase results - July 11, 2016
- The Career Clock: 4 zones that will make or break you - May 3, 2016
- B2B Success: Unleashing Your Sales Partners - March 2, 2016