We all want to beat the clock—not have the clock beat us. In this video, Jason Forrest, Chief Sales Officer for Forrest Performance Group, compares our careers to a clock with four zones: the learning, non-learning, relearning, and unlearning zones.
Jason highlights the turning point that happens at the sixth hour when we either have a breakdown or a breakthrough—depending on whether or not we let our ego and complacency win. The breakdown happens when our ego takes over and we believe we’ve arrived. On the other hand, the breakthrough happens when we stick with learning and then unlearning–always with our egos firmly in check.
- Ego is our enemy and leads to breakdowns instead of breakthroughs.
- The ideal journey is to learn and then unlearn.
- When we get to the 3, we can skip the non-learning and relearning zones and jump to unlearning.
Latest posts by Jason Forrest (see all)
- Performance Formula: Cutting leashes to increase results - July 11, 2016
- The Career Clock: 4 zones that will make or break you - May 3, 2016
- B2B Success: Unleashing Your Sales Partners - March 2, 2016