As the winter blues start to spread across the Great White North, what better time to recharge and reinvigorate your business acumen? Conferences are a great way to jumpstart your creativity with panels with talks and ideas from experts in digital, social and startup culture.
November has a great crop of important tech and business conferences have caught our attention, with seriously impressive speaker lineup or subject matter that is sure to inspire.
Below is our list of the top five events you should check out this month:
Nov. 10 – 11
@ MARS Discovery District
Hosted by TV host and entrepreneur Amber MacArthur, nextMEDIA 3.0 will focus on how digital media insiders can harness content and commerce to their advantage. One of the biggest gets for this event is the keynote speaker Dana Brunetti, producer of the Netflix hit House of Cards. Will Francis Underwood make a surprise appearance?
Other notable speakers include John McCauley, senior director of digital at MLSE; Rob Granatstein, senior producer and director at Postmedia; Ricky Van Veen, co-founder of CollegeHumor.com; Corby Fine, VP of customer experience strategy for Rogers; Erica Ehm, creator of YummyMummyClub.ca; and Keith Hernandez, VP of international advertising at BuzzFeed.
Canadian Innovation Exchange (CIX)
@ MARS Discovery District
If you’re visiting Toronto for nextMEDIA, why not stay another week and catch another respected business conference? Brought to by Achilles Media, who also produce nextMEDIA, this one-day event highlights some of Canada’s most innovative companies. The 2014 conference invited executives from companies such as Cisco System Canada, OpenText, Freshbooks, Yahoo, OMERS Ventures, CFC Media Lab, IBM and many more.
This event also features the CIX Top 20, a showcase that celebrates Canada’s best innovations and the people behind them.
@ The Imperial
VanIMPACT14 bills itself as “a collision of purpose and profit, giving impact entrepreneurs and NPOs access to important startup advice and resources.” In short, expect workshops on making your startup financially viable, keynotes from entrepreneurs such as Katherine Woo of Viva and a “ones to watch” showcase.
The event, part of Vancouver Startup Week, also goes into party-mode in the evening with a performance by Vienna-based musician Sohn.
OMG Social Media Conference
@ SFU Segal Graduate School of Business
Educating small business owners on social media best practices is the focus of this Vancouver one-day conference. Ten speakers will reveal their tips and nifty tricks, representing star brands such as Lululemon, Hootsuite, Whole Foods Market and Tribe1. If last year’s Twitter gushings were any example of what’s to come in 2014, expect applicable advice for marketing managers and SMB CEOs who want to best empower social media.
Internet of Things – Building Real Value
Nov 17 – 21 (various cities)
Montreal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Toronto
If you’re interested in how Internet of Things solutions could affect your business, you’ll want to check out one of the one-day events held in Montreal, Ottawa, Vancouver and Toronto, courtesy wireless company WaveFront. Speakers will look at accessing resources to build IoT services, choosing the best global markets, challenges in bringing IoT to consumers and businesses, and much more.
Brands represented at these events include Rogers Wireless, Sierra Wireless and Deutsche Telekom.
Photo courtesy Chris Hogg
Have you been to a tech conference recently? Want to share your experience with the B2BNN team? Get in touch with us via this Contact Us form
Latest posts by (see all)
- B2B News for June 2, 2022: AgTech Robots Come to Canada, HUB Cyber Security Buy Back - June 2, 2022
- Content Marketing Assets: A Primer - May 20, 2022
- B2B News for May 12, 2022: First Integrated Metaverse, Gaming, and Crypto Media Company Created, CGI Sends $1 Million to Ukraine - May 12, 2022
- B2B News for Wednesday, January 19, 2022: Cradlepoint and Juniper Partnership, New ABM Research, New Contentstack CRO - January 19, 2022
- B2B News for Friday, January 14, 2022: Global Consumer Survey, Dealing with e-Waste, Hybrid Office Support - January 14, 2022
- B2B News for Wednesday, January 12, 2022: US Companies See Most Ransom Ware Attacks, Employment in 2030 - January 12, 2022
- 5 things law marketing can learn from the Kansas City Royals - November 6, 2014
- Richard Yu Explains How B2B Companies Succeed in the Global Marketplace - July 1, 2022
- The Ultimate Checklist For Choosing A CPQ Solution - June 30, 2022
- B2B News for Thursday, June 30, 2022: Cloud Data Engineering and Security Deals - June 30, 2022