The mobile Web is enjoying a healthy rise in ad spending so far in 2015, according to a report from Smaato, an ad-tech firm based in San Francisco.
In its Global Trends in Mobile Programmatic report, Smaato found mobile Web ad-spending doubled in the first half of 2015 compared to the same time period a year earlier.
Drilling down to specifics, Smaato saw its total ad spend split between 62 percent on apps and 38 percent on the mobile Web.
As TechCrunch sums up: “Total ad spend on the mobile web is up 101 percent year-over-year. The volume of mobile web ad impressions has also doubled, and now accounts for 41 percent of Smaato’s total supply.”
“The shift to mobile began with the mobile web — and then apps took over,” said Smaato CEO Ragnar Kruse in the press release announcing the report. “Although we can’t say for sure whether we’re looking at a huge comeback of the medium, the fact remains that publishers and advertisers can’t afford to ignore the mobile web.”
The Smaato report also found that Android accounted for 35 percent of ad supply, compared to 20 percent for iOS. But Apple accounted for 33 percent of ad revenue.
Photo via Flickr, Creative Commons
Latest posts by (see all)
- B2B News for June 2, 2022: AgTech Robots Come to Canada, HUB Cyber Security Buy Back - June 2, 2022
- Content Marketing Assets: A Primer - May 20, 2022
- B2B News for May 12, 2022: First Integrated Metaverse, Gaming, and Crypto Media Company Created, CGI Sends $1 Million to Ukraine - May 12, 2022
- B2B News for Wednesday, January 19, 2022: Cradlepoint and Juniper Partnership, New ABM Research, New Contentstack CRO - January 19, 2022
- B2B News for Friday, January 14, 2022: Global Consumer Survey, Dealing with e-Waste, Hybrid Office Support - January 14, 2022
- B2B News for Wednesday, January 12, 2022: US Companies See Most Ransom Ware Attacks, Employment in 2030 - January 12, 2022
- 5 things law marketing can learn from the Kansas City Royals - November 6, 2014
- 4 Common Investing Fears That May Be Holding You Back - December 6, 2022
- How do I Choose an Executive Search Firm? - December 6, 2022
- The Next Phase of ABM is All About Precision - December 1, 2022