Consider Terry Crews and Isaiah Mustafa the two most popular faces of a retail brand in recent memory. As the Old Spice pitchmen, they are now back with an Old Spice ad heavy on the surreal comedy that made the original spots such huge hits.
Titled And So It Begins, the 45-second ad finds the two muscular guys competing in a manly contest of oddball zaniness, complete with an exploding tiger and deadly volcano lava. This campaign trains it sights on three of the brand’s most popular scents—Timber, Swagger and Bearglove—now available in grooming products ranging from deodorant to two-in-one shampoo.
Adweek writes the new spot from Wieden + Kennedy in Portland “will launch on broadcast during the Sunday Aug. 9 National Football League Hall of Fame Game. Six more spots featuring Mustafa and Crews will be released later in the fall.”
Thanks to the imagination consistent with the Old Spice brand, this spot is another winner in the brand’s library of successful campaigns. Bringing Crews and Mustafa together was an inevitable move from Old Spice’s brand managers, and they pull off the duet with just the right amount of weird fantasy and stunning visuals.
Missed our last Weekly LOL? Go here.
Latest posts by (see all)
- B2B News for Wednesday, January 19, 2022: Cradlepoint and Juniper Partnership, New ABM Research, New Contentstack CRO - January 19, 2022
- B2B News for Friday, January 14, 2022: Global Consumer Survey, Dealing with e-Waste, Hybrid Office Support - January 14, 2022
- B2B News for Wednesday, January 12, 2022: US Companies See Most Ransom Ware Attacks, Employment in 2030 - January 12, 2022
- 5 things law marketing can learn from the Kansas City Royals - November 6, 2014
- B2B News for Thursday, January 27, 2022: Studies Find B2B Marketers & Managers Need to be Bolder, Create Psychological Safety - January 27, 2022
- 5 Non-Obvious Ways To Hire Flutter Developers - January 25, 2022
- Seven Tips for Boosting Your Business Through Social Networking - January 25, 2022