Carousel ads are 10 times more effective at getting people to click through compared to static sponsored posts on Facebook, according to a new report cited by Digiday.
B2Bnn previously reported on new carousel ads introduced to Instagram and later Facebook, allowing advertisers to publish ads letting users scroll through multiple photos.
According to data compiled by Kinetic Social, a social marketing tech firm, those carousel ads are driving 10 times higher CTR than regular ads on Facebook products.
“Carousels are a major push for Facebook,” said Don Mathis, CEO of Kinetic Social. “The pricing is competitive and the performances are stellar. But we don’t know if that continues forever, because it’s a new product, and they tend to get good adoption in the early days.”
Kinetic reports 1 percent of users are clicking through on carousel ads compared to 0.1 percent on non-carousel ads, and such a format is far better than the rate for a typical display advertisement.
The mobile banner ads — ones from sectors like retail that generate the highest responses from consumers — garner a 0.5 percent click through rate.
Facebook has long been patting itself on the back for carousel’s success. According to Facebook’s blog, foodpanda boosted its click-through rates by 180 percent and reduced their cost per install by 39 percent when using carousel ads to promote their app.
Latest posts by (see all)
- B2B News for June 2, 2022: AgTech Robots Come to Canada, HUB Cyber Security Buy Back - June 2, 2022
- Content Marketing Assets: A Primer - May 20, 2022
- B2B News for May 12, 2022: First Integrated Metaverse, Gaming, and Crypto Media Company Created, CGI Sends $1 Million to Ukraine - May 12, 2022
- B2B News for Wednesday, January 19, 2022: Cradlepoint and Juniper Partnership, New ABM Research, New Contentstack CRO - January 19, 2022
- B2B News for Friday, January 14, 2022: Global Consumer Survey, Dealing with e-Waste, Hybrid Office Support - January 14, 2022
- B2B News for Wednesday, January 12, 2022: US Companies See Most Ransom Ware Attacks, Employment in 2030 - January 12, 2022
- 5 things law marketing can learn from the Kansas City Royals - November 6, 2014
- Technologists now need two essentials – AI and automation - March 28, 2023
- B2B News Network Tuesday Wrap: Play going Hamilton to Amsterdam, BIMM growing fastest in the US, and more - March 28, 2023
- Mastering Small Business Marketing In 2023: The Expert Guide You’ve Been Waiting For - March 24, 2023