Intuit Canada launched today their 2021 Tech Talent Report, capturing findings from more than 500 English and French speaking Canadians working in the tech industry. The report shines a light on the attitudes and perceptions of tech workers, particularly in the areas of innovation, contribution to the betterment of society, work-from-home culture, and diversity and inclusion.Canadians are optimistic about Canada’s role as a global innovator:
- 80% believe the Canadian tech industry contributes to global tech innovation.
- Tech talent places Canada in the top 4 of 22 most technologically innovative countries.
- 73% believe that partnerships and knowledge transfer with other tech organizations will be critical in driving global innovation from Canada.
Innovation is driving the betterment of society, but there’s room for improvement:
- 85% believe the tech industry contributes to the betterment of society in Canada.
- The top 3 ways organizations can contribute to the betterment of society; support Canadian start-ups (68%), small businesses (66%), and create more jobs for Canadians in the technology industry (61%).
Working from home is working for tech:
- Once social distancing measures are lifted, 86% of Canadian tech workers prefer working from home at least once a week.
- 74% feel the tech industry is doing well at enabling innovation and creativity among employees working from home.
- 67% say that virtual training and education programs can better foster innovation and creativity while working from home.
Diversity and inclusion continues to be a priority for Canadian tech workers:
- 83% believe the Canadian tech industry supports diversity and inclusion, with 70% noting that organizations should continue to increase diversity in applicant hiring, screening and interview practices.
- 57% state that organizations should donate financially or mentor youth of different backgrounds to pursue tech.
Latest posts by Jennifer Evans (see all)
- News Release: Mohamad Fakih and Ali Asaria launch the Sadaqa Project - April 14, 2021
- Learning SEO: Start in 7 Steps - April 7, 2021
- How to Cope With and Overcome Financial Stress - April 6, 2021