Intuit will acquire Mail Chimp for approximately $12 billion US in cash and stock. The plan is to develop an end-to-end customer growth platform for small and mid-market businesses. The new tool will allow clients to combine their customer data from Mailchimp and QuickBooks’ purchase data.
“We’re focused on powering prosperity around the world for consumers and small businesses. Together, Mailchimp and QuickBooks will help solve small and mid-market businesses’ biggest barriers to growth, getting and retaining customers,” said Sasan Goodarzi, CEO of Intuit. “Expanding our platform to be at the center of small and mid-market business growth helps them overcome their most important financial challenges. Adding Mailchimp furthers our vision to provide an end-to-end customer growth platform to help our customers grow and run their businesses, putting the power of data in their hands to thrive.”
Newsletters get a second mention in today’s newsletter. Dennis Shiao and Ashley Guttoso have been confirmed as 2021 Content Marketing World speakers. The conference at the end of the month with feature the duo on what they call a “subscriber first” mindset.
The session How to Take a Content Marketing Approach with Your Email Newsletters will teach attendees:
- How brands are abusing their email lists
- The importance of taking a content marketing approach to email
- Steal tactics and tips from the “Opt In Weekly” and “Content Corner” email newsletters
- The business impact those newsletters had on their businesses
If call centers want to attract and keep employees, they have to start showing empathy. That’s according to the new study from Genesys called “Human Values: The operating system for a high-performing contact center,” a study examining the values, desires and strengths among high-performing contact center employees.
The study reminds employers and call center operators that the competition for talent is intense because people are re-evaluating what they want from their employers. As a result, they are seeking out companies that align with their values.
“Now that personal and professional lives have blended more than ever before, people are discovering that what they want out of employers is different than the past,” said Merijn te Booij, Executive Vice President and General Manager, Workforce Engagement Management at Genesys. “When employees see their values integrated with their work environment, they feel seen and understood which, in turn, drives motivation and engagement. Elevating the employee experience will not only enable businesses to attract and retain talent but will also empower agents to deliver exceptional experiences to customers.”
Highlights of the study include:
- The top-five values identified among call center employees, classified as sales, tech support and customer service staff, are personal responsibility, family, relationships, financial security, and health and well-being.
- When it comes to what employees enjoy most about their jobs, learning new skills and earning recognition tied for first, globally. Respondents in Africa enjoy learning new skills the most (73%), while North American respondents appreciate recognition (61%) more than any other region.
- Employees also shared what they most love: advancement opportunities; hate: inconsistent compensation; and wish was different: increased compensation, about their jobs.
- When identifying strengths, over half of respondents classified thoroughness and completeness as their top abilities, while less than 10% thought empathy and listening were their greatest strengths.
- Personal growth and learning new skills were common themes among the findings. When partnered with respondents’ top value, personal responsibility, providing self-paced training opportunities will be a significant factor in enhancing the contact center agent experience.
Study results: https://www.genesys.com/resources/agent-values
Latest posts by Kate Baggott (see all)
- B2B News for Tuesday, September 21, 2021: Canadian Election Hangover Edition - September 21, 2021
- B2B News for Thursday, September 16: GaN Systems Signs BMW deal, Corporate Tax Rate Report, GPJ Acquisition & More - September 16, 2021
- B2B News for Tuesday, September 14, 2021: Intuit Acquires Mail Chimp & Call Centre Empathy - September 14, 2021