The biggest business news from yesterday was that Twitter and Elon Musk have come to a deal where an entity owned by Musk would acquire Twitter for just over 44 billion dollars. What will this mean for Twitter? There is much speculation about what this means for the leading soapbox app. Some of the things speculated about include:
- That platform users will soon have to be verified, no more anonymous accounts which some love for security reasons.
- An Edit button finally.
- That there will be a lack of regulation as Elon preaches free speech. Will this allow for bullying and hate to reign?
- Subscription-based service is around the corner and Elon has talked about wanting Twitter to be ad-free.
- A change to the algorithm that will allow one side of the conversation to win out.
- One also what Jack Dorsey’s role might be.
Whatever is ahead, Elon Musk has till Friday to put the paperwork in place. If the deal falls through Elon could be liable for billions still.
In other acquisition news,
DCN Dx, a global leader in the end-to-end development, manufacture, and commercialization of point-of-use tests, announced yesterday it has completed its acquisition of Biomed Diagnostics, Inc., a microbiological testing products company based in White City, Oregon. The acquisition expands DCN Dx’s footprint in the point-of-use testing and sampling markets in both human and veterinary verticals.
In Canadian acquisition news, EY Canada acquired Gensquared yesterday. An information technology and services provider, Gensquared helps businesses tackle their biggest data and analytics challenges with a business-centric approach allowing clients to gain more meaningful and actionable insights. This acquisition strengthens EY Canada’s Data, Analytics, and AI practice, helping to grow talent and resources, while evolving its suite of data and technology service offerings.
Several companies have also announced several appointments:
- Shutterstock the leading global creative platform for transformative brands and media companies, today announced Jason McClelland is joining the Company’s leadership team and Executive Committee as Chief Marketing Officer (CMO), and Christopher Skip’ Wilson is joining as the Company’s Vice President of Brand Marketing.
- World-renowned public health leader and physician with deep experience in STEM, economic development, humanitarianism, and health equity joins Spelman College as its 11th President, advancing the College’s focus on equity and access.
- LeanData, a modern revenue orchestration platform for today’s growth leaders, today announced a significant expansion of its leadership team with the appointment of Franco Anzini as Chief Operating Officer. Anzini will oversee all aspects of LeanData’s rapidly growing business, including leading cross-functional operational excellence across accounting, finance, and go-to-market operations.
In event news, several business conferences are coming up and we are delighted to say we are Media Partners with several summits, conferences, and events this year. Please watch our newsletter and social media profiles for all the details. Let us know in the comments your favorite business events or conferences that are coming up.