LinkedIn quietly rolled out a new homepage for its users, with the goal of encouraging users to connect to each other more frequently.
Below are the 8 changes and additions you need to know about the LinkedIn redesign:
1. While it was unveiled on Thursday and began rolling out to a select group of users, the redesign will be available to all users sometime in early 2015
2. The homepage will feature a tile-like layout, where each section operates as its own widget.
3. A dashboard at the top of the screen records profile view and who checked out your profile.
4. The updates for contacts on the upper right corner will include how LinkedIn will suggest new users to you, formatting them in an animated carousel
5. The text box for writing an update has also been moved up to make it easier to find
6. The news feed includes posts from other sites via Pulse, as well as content shared by your network of contacts and influencers that you follow.
7. The “ways to keep in touch” section uses the same technology from LinkedIn’s Connected app. Once you’ve seen an update on the app, you won’t see it on the Web (and vice versa), as ReCode writes.
8. The new homepage is “setting the stage for where we’re going to go, a more anticipatory homepage experience that helps members connect with what matters to them most professionally on LinkedIn,” a LinkedIn spokesperson told TechCrunch. “That means even more context-aware functionality so that our members — who each come to LinkedIn for reasons unique and specific to them — are able to get what they need from us quickly and easily to meet their professional goals.”
LinkedIn attracts 198 million monthly unique visitors globally, with users spending on average 4.6 minutes per visit.
Latest posts by (see all)
- Content Marketing Assets: A Primer - May 20, 2022
- B2B News for May 12, 2022: First Integrated Metaverse, Gaming, and Crypto Media Company Created, CGI Sends $1 Million to Ukraine - May 12, 2022
- B2B News for Wednesday, January 19, 2022: Cradlepoint and Juniper Partnership, New ABM Research, New Contentstack CRO - January 19, 2022
- B2B News for Friday, January 14, 2022: Global Consumer Survey, Dealing with e-Waste, Hybrid Office Support - January 14, 2022
- B2B News for Wednesday, January 12, 2022: US Companies See Most Ransom Ware Attacks, Employment in 2030 - January 12, 2022
- 5 things law marketing can learn from the Kansas City Royals - November 6, 2014
- What is SMS Long Code & When To Use It? - May 26, 2022
- B2B News for Wednesday, May 25, 2022: Fintech & AI Merger Trends Continue - May 25, 2022
- How to Grow Your Business’s Online Presence Faster - May 25, 2022