New research reveals that cloud computing offers IT a way to communicate with users, be responsive, and gain relevancy.
The new report [PDF] comes from market researchers, Vanson Bourne, who “conducted a total of 1000 interviews with senior IT decision-makers in private organisations of 500 employees or more,” during September and October 2014. The report is sponsored by Tata Communications.
The report’s key findings include:
- 97 percent of respondents say their firm has adopted cloud computing to some extent
- 28 percent of the data storage in these organizations is in the cloud today
- 68 percent say that shifting to the cloud involved individuals outside IT
- 90 percent note that requests from other departments influenced the decision to implement cloud computing
- 86 percent believe that cloud computing has lived up to, or exceeded, the hype
The survey stressed how going to the cloud is a team effort:
Traditionally, if an organisation intended to make a significant change or investment in their approach to IT, this would largely be done by the IT department in isolation. Cloud computing breaks this trend: the research shows that it is rare for a move to the cloud to be solely an IT department’s doing.
The report further cements what many of us already know about the cloud: this innovation is continuing to be an integral part of the IT landscape. But for many firms, they are still playing with different solutions and experimenting with various strategies. What works for one company may not work for another.
The last word goes to the report’s concluding statements:
If senior IT decision-makers in enterprise organisations want to keep having their expectations exceeded by cloud computing, they need to adopt the most suitable cloud computing solution for each data or application type. Private cloud may not always be the most appropriate for each purpose, yet the research shows that enterprises intend to migrate more of their data and compute to private cloud over the next ten years.
Latest posts by B2BNN Newsdesk (see all)
- What Are the New Rules for Flipping Houses in 2021? - January 18, 2021
- More than Half of Cloud Services Used at only a Basic or Intermediate Level - January 18, 2021
- Creative Strategies For Sports Betting Companies - January 18, 2021