Advertisers worldwide will spend $23.68 billion on paid media to reach consumers on social networks this year, according to new data from eMarketer, a 33.5 percent increase from 2014.
The study reports by 2017, social network ad spending will reach $35.98 billion, accounting for 16 percent of all digital ad spending globally.
The study added:
This year, advertisers in the US and Canada will spend more than $50 for each user across the social landscape in their respective countries, and in just two years, will increase that outlay to $71.37 per user, a reflection of growing spending against a maturing user base.
In 2015, advertisers in the U.S. will spend $9.59 billion on social ads, up 31.0 percent from 2014 and more than double the amount they spent in 2013.
When it comes to the most popular social networks for advertisers, Facebook dominated the paid social advertising landscape globally. eMarketer says that in 2015, the company will make $15.50 billion in ad revenues, or 65.5 percent of all social network ad spending worldwide. In 2014, when Facebook owned 64.5 percent of the social ad market.
Twitter is no slouch here, expected to snag 8.8 percent of global social network ad spending, or $2.09 billion, up from 7.1 percent share in 2014. LinkedIn will earn $900 million in advertising this year, but its share of global social ad spend will decrease to 3.8 percent, down from 4.2 percent last year.
Latest posts by (see all)
- B2B News for June 2, 2022: AgTech Robots Come to Canada, HUB Cyber Security Buy Back - June 2, 2022
- Content Marketing Assets: A Primer - May 20, 2022
- B2B News for May 12, 2022: First Integrated Metaverse, Gaming, and Crypto Media Company Created, CGI Sends $1 Million to Ukraine - May 12, 2022
- B2B News for Wednesday, January 19, 2022: Cradlepoint and Juniper Partnership, New ABM Research, New Contentstack CRO - January 19, 2022
- B2B News for Friday, January 14, 2022: Global Consumer Survey, Dealing with e-Waste, Hybrid Office Support - January 14, 2022
- B2B News for Wednesday, January 12, 2022: US Companies See Most Ransom Ware Attacks, Employment in 2030 - January 12, 2022
- 5 things law marketing can learn from the Kansas City Royals - November 6, 2014
- Tips For Saving Money At Your Retail Store - February 1, 2023
- B2B Sales: How To Improve Your Workflow From the Very First Call - January 27, 2023
- Three steps to take back control of your SAP landscape - January 24, 2023