IBM unveiled a slew of hardware and software products aimed at hybrid cloud enterprises.
The new releases include power system servers, software, and storage solutions, as well as a new licensing strategy that IBM said will be more flexible for cloud customers.
As ZDNet writes, “The aim for IBM is to use these hybrid deployments, primarily based on OpenStack, and provide on-ramps to its SoftLayer infrastructure as well as managed services.”
“Hybrid cloud computing requires new levels of openness, dynamic data management, integration, automation and scalable performance in server, storage and software technologies,” said Don Boulia, Vice President of Cloud Services, IBM Systems. “IBM brings all of these technologies together from on-premises data centers and inside public and private clouds to more efficiently manage traditional computing with new mobile, big data and social computing workloads.”
In details, the IBM offerings include:
- Power System E850, a 4-socket system that features up to 70 percent guaranteed utilization. The goal for this system is to enable the delivery of multi-tenant workloads and allowing for access to in-memory data.
- Power System E880, a system that can scale to 192 cores. IBM views this system ideal for Big Data workloads.
- PurePower System, a converged infrastructure system that’s managed with OpenStack and has zero documented vulnerabilities.
- Spectrum Control Storage Insights, software defined storage software for optimizing hybrid clouds.
- XIV GEN 3, which uses IBM’s storage compression software to house more data without additional hardware. This system competes with EMC’s VMAX.
- Big Storage Technology, a technical preview designed to be a cloud archive service.
- Rocket Data Access Service on Bluemix for z Systems, which provides a development platform for mainframes connected to mobile apps as a front end.
Image via breakingenergy.com
Latest posts by B2BNN Newsdesk (see all)
- The flip side of ABM: Why behavioral IP is the future of B2B prospecting - July 24, 2018
- B2B News Network Launches Reseller Engine for the Channel, Signs Canadian Exclusive with The Mezzanine Group - July 14, 2018
- #ResellerEngine Twitter chat recap: How marketing in the channel is changing - July 9, 2018