In a new weekly column, we’ll showcase the funniest and most laugh-worthy business content we find online. This week, a look at a new ad that perfectly skewers the many clichés business professionals use regularly.
“Disruptive.” “It’s the uber of tax auditing.” “Is that actionable?” “I’ll put my feelers out.” “We’re B to C to B, but back to C, sort of. Sometimes A.”
Sound familiar? Then you can relate to a new ad by communications company Avaya, who recently released an hilarious ad called Stuff Business People Say. If the title rings a bell, go back to 2011 when the Web series Shit Girls Say spawned knock-off videos on what certain demographics say often.
Why is this ad messaging relevant to Avaya? Santa Clara-based Avaya is promoting its solution for taking out language barriers in the office, via its online assistant that works like a dictionary for popular business buzzwords.
The new spot was made by public relations shop FleishmanHillard in partnership with YouTube comedy duo Tripp and Tyler.
Once you view the ad several times, you’ll realize how some jargon truly rings hollow. “Disruptive” has now become overused, while “The Uber of…” is riffing off the many Silicon Valley comparisons entrepreneurs try to make in their 30-second pitches. Will we ever stop using the oft-worn phrase “What are the known unknowns?”
Can you relate to this ad? Let us know what you think in the comments section below
Latest posts by (see all)
- Content Marketing Assets: A Primer - May 20, 2022
- B2B News for May 12, 2022: First Integrated Metaverse, Gaming, and Crypto Media Company Created, CGI Sends $1 Million to Ukraine - May 12, 2022
- B2B News for Wednesday, January 19, 2022: Cradlepoint and Juniper Partnership, New ABM Research, New Contentstack CRO - January 19, 2022
- B2B News for Friday, January 14, 2022: Global Consumer Survey, Dealing with e-Waste, Hybrid Office Support - January 14, 2022
- B2B News for Wednesday, January 12, 2022: US Companies See Most Ransom Ware Attacks, Employment in 2030 - January 12, 2022
- 5 things law marketing can learn from the Kansas City Royals - November 6, 2014
- How To Choose The Right Start-Up Office - May 27, 2022
- What is SMS Long Code & When To Use It? - May 26, 2022
- B2B News for Wednesday, May 25, 2022: Fintech & AI Merger Trends Continue - May 25, 2022