Sean Stanleigh, Managing Editor, Globe Edge Content Studio, was cut off for time at BigData Toronto, but still delivered a ton of information in 30 minutes.
Let’s start with a definition. MarTech is blending data with content delivery.
In a global survey of 3500 marketers, Salesforce found:
- 51% are using some level of AI
- 59% use SMS
- Email remains the biggest conversion opportunity. As Sean says, “for real.”
- 34% invest in channels now that they didn’t know about just 5 years ago
There are 5 growth areas of MarTech:
- Recommendation Engine
Companies can learn from the examples set by Amazon and Netflix. You see “recommended for you”, or “frequently bought together”.
These engines predict user preferences and deliver a hyper-personalized user experience based on likes/dislikes. Time spent increases through discoverability, which of course has a positive effect on conversions.
- Data Visualization
We process information better when it’s in visual form, and when it’s in digestible chunks, than in text alone. We need data scientists, to help see the patterns, whether it be charts, graphs, maps or graphic elements. This makes it easier to make decisions based on the data.
- Augmented Reality
Augmented Reality (AR) offers a much wider array of possibilities than Virtual Reality (VR) for a few reasons:
- It is mobile-first technology
- A headset is not required
- Implementation with existing campaigns is much easier
All this while keeping users engaged with a native app.
Messenger apps, or other chatbots, are a fantastic way to elevate engagement with, and service to, your customers.
- Content Generation Technology
There are platforms that will create curated content, but this is still virgin technology so “buyer beware”.
Latest posts by B2BNN Newsdesk (see all)
- Benefits Of A Virtual Address For Your Remote Business - May 24, 2022
- Business Essays: An Overview - May 23, 2022
- How to Write an Essay about Something You Don’t Believe In - May 23, 2022