According to data acquired by the Atlas VPN team, 56% of organizations worldwide experienced at least one ransomware attack in the past 12 months. On average organizations paid $1.1 million as ransom to cybercriminals.
The report shows that:
– A total of six in ten (56%) organizations worldwide faced at least one ransomware attack over the past year.
– Out of all the countries featured in the survey, businesses in India had the most ransomware events in the last 12 months — 74%.
– Next up are organizations in Australia (67%), France (60%), Germany (59%), and the United States (58%).
– Only 27% of businesses paid the cybercriminals as a result of a ransomware attack, with the average payment being $1.1 million per hack.
– Organizations in the Asia Pacific paid the most for ransomware attacks — $1.18 million.
The numbers are based on the Global Security Attitude Survey conducted by CrowdStrike, where 2,200 senior IT decision-makers and security professionals were interviewed on questions concerning cybersecurity in their workplace in the last 12 months. The survey took place between August and September of 2020.
Ransomware is malicious software that infects victims’ systems, devices, or files and blocks access to them unless a ransom is paid. A total of six in ten organizations worldwide faced at least one such attack over the past year.
To see the full report, please click here.
Latest posts by B2BNN Newsdesk (see all)
- Inventory Management – Techniques and Methodologies - January 19, 2022
- Five reasons why flatbed shipping is on the rise - January 18, 2022
- Forex Trading Scams: Spotting Them, Avoiding Them, and Recovering Your Funds - January 18, 2022