Software is becoming an essential part of most organizations nowadays, and that is why SaaS businesses are on the rise and becoming more popular every year. The SaaS market is worth $141 billion per year and is expected to grow further.
However, the popularity of SaaS also means that if you have your own SaaS business, it might be hard for you to grow it since you have a lot of competitors. But just because something is difficult, it doesn’t mean that it’s impossible. If you know the right strategies, your business will soon reach new heights.
Make clients comfortable with your prices
If you want your business to grow, you need to attract high-profile customers. You can only do so if you show that your product is high-quality, and a high-quality product isn’t going to be cheap.
If you set a price that’s too low, you won’t come across as affordable. Instead, you’ll be seen as a company that could fold up soon and one that sells unreliable software. The best types of clients look for software that is reliable, has great security, accountability, and so on.
All of that doesn’t come cheap and customers looking for the best features are ready to pay for them. That’s why you should have an Enterprise pricing plan from the beginning to show your biggest customers that you’re a serious company willing to provide them with high-quality software.
When offering your Enterprise plan, you need to do it in style and use a SaaS proposal template. This is a fully customizable template where you can outline your solution, contract, all of your pricing plans, as well as include an online signature.
Hire the right developers
Finding a software developer is easy, but finding the right software developer is a challenge. The hiring process isn’t what it used to be and there are multiple ways to hire a new employee:
- Hiring a freelancer. If you’re working on a budget and still want to hire a good employee, you can find freelancers that fit all of your requirements on websites such as UpWork and Freelancer.com. Conduct interviews before you hire someone to make sure they’re a good fit.
- Hiring a full-time developer. There are multiple online boards where you can find developers that focus on certain technology such as Ruby and Python. There are also developer communities that allow you to post job listings such as Github.com and Stackoverflowbusiness.com.
- Hiring a remote or overseas developer. Remote workers are growing in popularity and you can find them on websites such as Remoteok.io and Weworkremotely.com. And if you want to hire someone from abroad, post your listing on websites such as Jobbatical.com and Escapethecity.org
Of course, before you can hire someone, you need to know exactly what you want and need from them.
For instance, if you’re interested in Power Apps which are in high demand, you need to know what kind of qualities the perfect Microsoft Power Apps developer possesses and what you need to look for.
Finally, when you hire the right people, you need to figure out what’s the best organizational structure for your SaaS company, and it will be smooth sailing from there.
Strive to solve issues
If you take a look at the most popular SaaS products, you’ll notice that they have one thing in common – they exist to solve problems. It doesn’t matter if the problem is being solved for business owners or employees, the important thing is that the product provides solutions.
Take Slack, for example. This software changed how teams communicate and made that communication less time-consuming and confusing. It solved a very important problem all companies face and that is why Slack has over 10 million daily users.
Another important thing you need to remember during your development process is that you should never create something that nobody asked for. Sometimes you’ll be tempted to add interesting and unusual features, but that’s usually a bad idea.
If you’re adding features or even building solutions based on a guess or a hunch without thinking about what your target audience needs and wants, it won’t be good. Before you add anything, make sure that it was specifically requested by your customers, prospects, and beta users.
Know who you want to sell to
A lot of SaaS companies don’t get their desired results because they are trying to cater to a lot of people at the same time. That is why it’s important to realize that you can’t make software that is going to cater to everyone.
Instead, you need to identify your target market by doing the following:
- Asking yourself what demographic you’re after, including age, gender, location, and business nature.
- Doing research on competitors and finding out who they’re targeting.
- Speaking to people on forums and conventions, as well as sending out surveys.
- Using website analytics tools to find out which pages and what content your website visitors are interested in the most.
Software is the future and if you have a SaaS company that can provide people and businesses with solutions to their everyday problems, you won’t have any problems finding success. Just make sure to follow all of the strategies you just read here and you’ll have nothing to worry about.
Latest posts by B2BNN Newsdesk (see all)
- Richard Yu Explains How B2B Companies Succeed in the Global Marketplace - July 1, 2022
- The Ultimate Checklist For Choosing A CPQ Solution - June 30, 2022
- How to get the best casino bonuses in Canada - June 30, 2022