When the topic of setting goals comes up in a corporate setting, often there are a lot of eye rolls. But in reality, goals are huge for achieving success. Goal achievement is the art of creation. Goal achievement is the process of utilizing universal laws to create and gives you the opportunity to grow in your awareness of your potential. The process of setting and achieving goals allows you to experience joy and fulfillment and lead a full life. So, when it comes to goals, don’t roll your eyes and just go through the motions, set an inspiring goal. Not one that your boss wants to hear, but one that you truly want to achieve. The goal is the effect and you are the cause.
Your mind can create anything you desire. Your mind is an instrument that creates by vibration and The Law of Vibration states that everything is always moving. Your mind is movement. You are a creator by design and you can shape energy. The question is, are you consciously choosing what you create for yourself in your world? Do you know how to deliberately operate the instrument of your mind? For instance, do you realize you create your desires daily, either by default or design?
A Goal Achiever Knows That Their Mind Creates Their World
In his book, What They Don’t Teach You at Harvard Business School, March McCormack tells of a study conducted with graduates of the MBA program at Harvard for a ten-year span from 1979-1989. Eighty-four percent of the graduates had no specific goals. Thirteen percent had meaningful, worthy goals but didn’t write them down. Three percent had goals and wrote them down. Can you guess what happened?
Ten years later, the thirteen percent earned twice as much as the 84% who didn’t set goals. The three percent, who had formed the habit of setting goals and writing them down, earned ten times as much as the other ninety-seven percent. It’s incredible, but the study shows the value of setting a clear intention and pursuing your desire. Goals give order to the movement of your mind.
Change The Way You View Goals
Many people view goals as a “to do” or “should do” list. They set goals from a logical place. They use their conscious mind and aim at something they’ve already done, or at something they think they can do. We see this a lot when big corporations set revenue targets based on what they’ve done in the past. Very few companies allow themselves to set big audacious goals – something they would love to do, a goal fueled with passion, despite the fact that they have no idea HOW they will get there. Very few companies realize”the how” will naturally unfold when universal laws are applied.
If you ask successful people what they think about most of the time, they’ll tell you that it’s what they want and what action to take to get it. Successful people are masters at focusing their attention subjectively. That means “thinking” from within. They deliberately choose their preoccupations.
On the flip side, unsuccessful people waste their energy thinking about what they do not want–too many bills, not enough money, competition. They suffer from the distraction of shiny objects. Their attention is directed objectively toward external impressions. It’s like turning on a water hose without a human hand to direct the water. The mind is going in all kinds of directions.
Ask Yourself Three Questions When Setting Goals
So how do you set goals for your own personal success? And how do you make sure the goals you set are the right ones? Here’s three questions you need to ask: ● Does it challenge my thinking?● Does it challenge my belief system?● Does it make me feel uncomfortable?
If you answer yes to all three of these questions, then congratulations, you’ve set an amazing goal. Now it’s time to harness the power of The Law of Vibration to achieve it.
Here’s a 10-point checklist to ensure you will achieve your goals:
1. Keep setting goals. Remember, dissatisfaction and longing are healthy states for creation. Always be growing. Life is an infinite game.
2. Ensure your personal values support your goals. Which values embody the character traits of the person you want to become?
3. Only go after goals you are passionate about. Why work hard for something you don’t really want?
4. Remember goals require risk on your part to create magical endings. If you set a goal, step forward into faith and believe in your unlimited potential.
5. Make sure your goals are your own, not someone else’s. Don’t set a goal that your boss wants you to set. Make it your own.
6. Prioritize your goals until you fix on your A#1 goal. You can have lots of things you want. What is the top priority for you?
7. Consciously choose to keep your attention on thoughts that support your goal. Remember where your attention goes, the energy flows.
8. Focus on achieving one goal at a time. It’s impossible to focus and channel energy on more than one goal at the same time. Choose the one goal that will grow you the most and leave you inspired.
9. Take measurements of your progress along the way and adjust accordingly. You might have to pivot or get creative to reach your goal.Course correction is a natural part of the process. Make those assessments along the way.
10. Never give up. Trust your ability to reach the goal you have set for yourself.
Now that you better understand the power of goals and how to set them, what goal will inspire you to create something new for yourself or others? What goal will take you towards a quantum leap in your awareness? Choose to go for what you love, and develop the discipline to direct your attention with intention. The day you achieve mastery of controlling your attention in your subjective mind, you will become the master of your fate.
Rhonda Petit is a Sales and Business Peak Performance Coach and the Founder and CEO of 3×5 Sales. Prior to launching her coaching business, Rhonda worked in sales for 35 years with clients at Fortune 500 and Fortune 1000 companies. Her book, The Spirit of Selling: Using Universal Laws for Sales Success, contains actionable insight into the universal laws that govern successful selling. Visit her website or connect with her on LinkedIn.
Latest posts by Guest Author (see all)
- How Startup Accelerators Can Fast-Track Your Entrepreneurship Journey - October 3, 2022
- Future-proofing Canadian business success in the anywhere economy - September 22, 2022
- Making Your Business Greener Is Your Best Idea Ever - September 21, 2022