Webinar Recap: eMarketer Key Digital Trends for 2017
Ezra Palmer, Chief Content Officer at eMarketer, delivered a look back at their 2016 predictions, and insights into key digital trends for 2017 in a webinar last week.
If you missed it, or want to have a look at the details behind these predictions, we’re including link to the webinar below.
A Look Back – 2016 Predictions
|US digital ad spend wouldn’t pass TV|
|Search and native social will drive voice activity growth|
|Mobile payments will take off – the divide between digital and physical payments will be bridged further|
|Facebook will become nearly entirely mobile|
|Facebook won’t kill YouTube|
|Young people won’t abandon Facebook in droves|
|Ad blocking won’t get solved in 2016|
- Artificial intelligence (AI) will not put marketers out of work.
- Internet users still won’t change their behaviours despite hacking scares.
- A live video stream will win a primetime-sized audience.
- Chatbots will remain all talk and no action.
- 2017 will be the year of “authentically mobile” experiences.
- Online grocery shopping will jump. Brick-and-mortar stores will play a starring role.
- Marketers will make the move to more complex forms of attribution modeling.
- 2017 will be the tipping point for mobile messaging. More than half of mobile users will use messaging apps.
- Influencers will take a significant chunk of the ad market.
- Virtual reality (VR) won’t be a significant marketing channel until hardware becomes more widespread.
Trends were also provided by Marketo, the webinar sponsor.
Technology – Marketers will leverage technology more than ever before to scale and guide their customers at exactly the right place and at the right time.
Personalization – Marketers will improve their level of personalization and move from basic targeting to advanced, orchestrated customer experiences across channels.
Account-Based Marketing (ABM) – Marketers will continue to shift from lead-centric to account-specific insights to penetrate companies within their sweet spot.
For the full webinar please visit eMarketer.
Latest posts by B2BNN Newsdesk (see all)
- How to Use Social Proof in Your eCommerce Digital Marketing - September 21, 2021
- 3 B2B Link Building Strategies - September 21, 2021
- 4 Ways To Handle False Statements In The Workplace - September 20, 2021