B2B has its summer reading lists too. While the industry’s interest in hot romances and SciFi adventures is generally limited to jokes about the Branson and Bezos rockets these days, it is the season for the release of reports and research findings. Please don’t feel you have to do homework over the weekend, but think of this column as your cheat sheet for the coming week.
The Social Solutions 2020 Impact Report was released last night. The report does not name the specific failures of the corporate tax base to meet its responsibilities to the global society that creates its opportunities, but notes “demand for services continues to exceed the capacity of nonprofits’ ability to serve all those in need.”
Social Solutions is a cloud software provider for nonprofit and public sector social service organizations.
“Everything we do at Social Solutions is driven by our purpose of empowering lasting social change,” said Erin Mulligan Nelson, CEO of Social Solutions. “For over twenty years we’ve been helping our nonprofit and public sector clients effectively deliver services, measure and optimize outcomes, and ultimately deliver greater human impact. Our first Impact Report directly demonstrates that data-driven impact analysis and management delivers value and direct results to people, families and communities via the social good organizations we work with on a daily basis.”
Full report: https://www.socialsolutions.com/impact-report-2020/
IDTechEx predicts that the 3D printing market is reaching its commercialization tipping point. Their latest report covers 10-year forecasts, material and printer benchmarking studies, application case studies, and interview-based profiles .The company’s researchers believe this market will reach a value of $2 billion US over the next ten years.
Cisco AppDynamics launched its AppDynamics App Attention Index 2021 report. The study examines trends in the way consumers engage with applications and digital services. Researchers interviewed more than 13,000 consumers in 11 international markets, including Canada, this June.
Key findings about the Canadian market include:
- 82% of Canadians say digital services helped them get through the pandemic in a positive way
- 79% say digital services have become a critical part of how they go about their lives
- 73% say they are grateful to the brands that invested in digital during the pandemic so they could get access to the services they love and rely on
- 60% say their expectation of digital services has changed forever and they won’t tolerate poor performance any more
- 51% say that brands have one shot to impress them with their digital experiences before they switch to another provider
Is plant health a B2B issue? It is when the report is from AIPH, the International Association of Horticultural Producers.
The AIPH International Plant Health Survey 2021 focuses on creating a bio-secure future for the ornamental horticultural industry. The report shows industry support for voluntary standards, rather than government regulation, for standards in plant health systems for product subject to domestic and international trade.
AIPH initiated the study earlier this year as part of the International Year of Plant Health 2020 and in response to concerns about biosecurity. The report notes that, prior to the pandemic, International travel and trade had tripled in volume in the past ten years and the potential to spread pests and diseases globally has caused significant damage to native plants and the environment.
“The report establishes the value of voluntary Plant Health Management schemes. We must now ask: How can the industry broaden uptake of such schemes?” asked Tim Edwards, Vice President, AIPH, and Chair of the AIPH Ornamentals Production Committee. “What must be done to allow schemes to each recognize and integrate with others? This report starts to identify areas in which Ornamental Horticultural Trade Associations around the globe can work collaboratively to strengthen biosecurity.”
Latest posts by Kate Baggott (see all)
- B2B News for Tuesday, September 21, 2021: Canadian Election Hangover Edition - September 21, 2021
- B2B News for Thursday, September 16: GaN Systems Signs BMW deal, Corporate Tax Rate Report, GPJ Acquisition & More - September 16, 2021
- B2B News for Tuesday, September 14, 2021: Intuit Acquires Mail Chimp & Call Centre Empathy - September 14, 2021