B2B News for Friday, August 27, 2021: Pandemic Profits, the Return of Stock Options and Pete Souza at CMW

B2B News
0 Shares 0 Flares ×

For the benefit of our American readers, there are only 25 days left until Canada’s next federal election.  With campaigning restricted due to on-going COVID-19 restrictions, deciding who not to vote for has been less divisive than usual. With 70% of the adult population still trying to convince the remaining 30% to get vaccinated.

Did you do a remote office pool on which industries would prove to be most pandemic-proof? If so, it’s time to start tallying the bets and paying out. According to research by the digital coaching firm Ezra, the Retirement and Pensions industry has been the most profitable pandemic-era US industry. It generated $660.7 billion of profit in the first half of 2021.  Commercial Banking is in second place with $170.3 billion in profit so far this calendar year. The Life Insurance and Annuities industry is in third place with $152.5 billion for the same period.

The coaching platform sees these numbers not as examples of pandemic-profiteering, but as signs of hope.

“It’s been a long, tough journey for US industry and the economy. But judging by the number of job vacancies now being advertised, confidence is clearly growing – people are starting to see light at the end of the tunnel,” said Ezra Founder Nick Goldberg.

More information: https://coachingfederation.org/research

The number of job vacancies being advertised may indicate better compensation for workers. It appears that there may be a return of stock options as employment incentives. This week Vancouver-based Fjordland, a mineral exploration company focused on the discovery of large-scale economic metal deposits in Canada, announced it has granted 1,025,000 stock options to directors, officers and contractors in accordance with the Company’s compensation policy.

Press release: https://www.newsfilecorp.com/release/94631/Fjordland-Grants-Stock-Options

Meanwhile, in Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, the winery and spirits company Diamond Estates announced that is has issued 750,000 options pursuant to its stock option plan to certain employees of the Company.

Press release: https://www.newsfilecorp.com/release/94628/Diamond-Estates-Wines-Spirits-Reports-Q1-2022-Financial-Results-and-Announces-Stock-Option-Grants

In other trends, the idea of returning to live in-person events is imminent and excitement is building about B2B events. The excitement of key note addresses is certainly back. Pete Souza, the former official White House photographer for President Obama has been named as the keynote speaker for this year’s Content Marketing World conference at the end of September. Souza will share his most iconic photos captured during his journey in visually documenting U.S. history.

Press release: https://www.contentmarketingworld.com/pete-souza-to-keynote-at-content-marketing-world-2021/

0 Shares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 LinkedIn 0 Email -- 0 Flares ×
The following two tabs change content below.
Kate Baggott

Kate Baggott

Kate Baggott is a former Managing Editor of B2BNN. Her technology and business journalism has appeared in the Technology Review, the Globe and Mail, Canada Computes, the Vancouver Sun and the Bay Street Bull. She is the author of the short story collections Love from Planet Wine Cooler and Dry Stories. Find links to recent articles by following her on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/kate-baggott-9a0306/