Videos have a positive impact on the SEO ranking of your site. And there are relevant numbers to prove this fact:
- YouTube has more than a billion users.
- Videos account for almost three-quarters of online traffic.
- More than 500 million individuals watch videos on Facebook every day.
These are whopping numbers to prove that video has taken over the internet and is one of the most effective on-page SEO tools businesses use these days. And it is not a surprise that Google algorithms prioritize SERPs to websites featuring top-quality videos.
Top of SERPs=more exclusive visits=top quality social shares and backlinks increased CTR or click-through ratio-more brand recognition=more leads and more conversions. As simple as that!
But it’s not sufficient to just include videos on your business site. The type of videos you feature on your site actually counts. For example:
- 4xs as many customers would rather go through the video of a product than read about the same.
- 50% of the online users look for product and service-related videos even before visiting a shop.
- Buyers viewing videos are 1.81 xs more likely to buy than the ones who do not view videos.
- Retailers claim 40% increases in purchases because of videos.
- 1 in 4 customers loses interest in a brand if it does not post videos.
- 51.9% of marketing professionals worldwide say that videos are the content type with the best returns on investment.
So, it’s time for you to choose the right online video maker and start making engaging videos that positively impact your SEO rankings. Here’s how videos can help with SEO rankings:
Low Bounce Rate & Long Dwell time
You do not have much time to convince the visitors to your site to stay there for long. And that’s where videos can prove to be effective. Engaging videos are more powerful than text and images when making people spend more time on your site.
According to reports, people spend 2.6x less time on pages that do not have videos than those with videos. This is a significant deal as far as SEO is concerned. The longer the sessions or dwell time of the visitors on your site, the higher the chances of search engines understanding the value of your content and the reliability of the website. Ultimately, your page will achieve higher rankings.
And quite naturally, when the visitors spend more time on your site, they will dig deeper into your content and see what you have on offer. So, this way, your page views increase and bring down the bounce rate.
Learn from this example of Oasen, a Dutch drinking water supplier that uses videos as an anti-bounce tool. The video on the company’s website gives viewers the feeling that the whole site is highly interactive, and they cannot help but go through it a bit further. This is one of the best techniques for bringing added value to your site.
Increase in Click-Through Rate
When people search through Google for required information, they click on results containing videos. Allow the viewers and search engines to know that your website features a video to easily increase the CTR and more traffic to your website.
But you must understand that providing Google with textual details of your video will not be enough.
Your video must also include a thumbnail or a rich snippet designed to make people understand what they will get on your page even before they click through. Including catchy and beautiful images will also work since humans are naturally drawn to these things.
Better Backlink profile
If your visual content successfully strikes a chord with the viewers, chances are they will link it out or share it on other platforms. This will automatically increase the search engine ranking of your site.
As long as your unique and high-quality video goes around the web, it will get backlinks to the page with the video and thus boost your website traffic. In addition to this, even if your content is not getting more click-throughs to your site, you can enhance searches and brand recognition by simply branding your visual matter with your company’s logo. This will increase the authority of your brand among the search engines.
That’s it! As per experts, video SEO is still underutilized, and now is the perfect time to get started. Create the right video SEO strategy and improve your site’s rankings like never before.
Latest posts by B2BNN Newsdesk (see all)
- The Most Notable Business Marketing Tactics In The Gambling Industry - December 7, 2022
- How Your Business Can Limit Environmental Disruption - December 7, 2022
- Expanding Your Business One Aspect at a Time - December 7, 2022