The times when you just posted an open job on a careers board or website are gone. You want to hire the best available talent out there for your company, but how do you attract them? How do you rise above the noise of your competition, when your applicants have so many options to choose from? Enter recruitment marketing.
What is recruitment marketing?
Brandon Hall Group defines recruitment marketing as a more formalized process of sales and marketing activities, aimed at building and maintaining employer brand, extending reach and exposure of career opportunities, building and nurturing candidate relationships, and all management of messaging and advertising of talent acquisition efforts.
Job applicants go through the same basic marketing funnel, from awareness of your business, to application, and eventually hire. Recruitment marketing uses the same tactics: content marketing, email nurturing, social, mobile, website visits, SEO, referrals, branding, analytics, and even CRM.
In his keynote at Transform in November 2016, Mike Hennessey, Founder and CEO of Smashfly, gave the “Why” companies need recruitment marketing, by citing the following recruiting statistics:
- 90% of people are open to a new job, but only 13% are actively seeking
- 90% of younger workers say social job searching is the new normal
- 69% of job seekers would not take a job at a company with a bad reputation, even if they were unemployed
- 66% of candidates say company culture is what they want to know most about
- 70% of US companies plan to invest in a Recruitment Marketing Platform in the next 12 months
What is Smashfly?
SmashFly’s Total Recruitment Marketing Platform allows businesses to attract the right people through an authentic, employer brand-led strategy, by marketing an employer brand across all touchpoints – career sites, social media, mobile, referrals, email, job boards and more.
The Smashfly platform features:
- Promotion to job boards, email, and social networks to expand the reach of job campaigns
- Personalized candidate experience
- Hosting of SEO career site(s)
- Simple talent network forms
Earlier this year Smashfly was awarded a top honour with their client CH2M, for Best Advance in Recruitment Marketing Technology from Brandon Hall Group.
To learn more about how they can help address your recruitment challenges, or book a demo, visit smashfly.com.
Latest posts by B2BNN Newsdesk (see all)
- How to Prove Emotional Distress at Work - November 26, 2020
- SmartWritingService Review: Professional Writing Services for Students - November 24, 2020
- React JS Today: Top Facts You Need to Know - November 24, 2020